Sunday, July 5, 2009

The San Diego Fair

I took this a couple days ago and he walking even more now, but this is some of Masons first steps.

The fair again!

Bowen had the Friday before the 4th off, so we decided to spend the day at the fair. I think he's glad that I made him go because we had such a good time! We invited Austin and Ryan (some friends of ours) It was 3 grown guys, me, and Mason. ha! kind of a funny sight. I cooked breakfast for everyone then we headed out. Most of the day was spent just walking around, looking at the exhibits, and people watching. We fell victim to the ShamWow and bought two! We were fortunate enough to watch some turkey races-most excellent! Mason went through the "petting zoo" it was really just goats and sheep, but he loooved it!

When you go to the fair, it's a must that you have fair food. Boy did we ever! Thanks to Juicys BBQ and $50 later (combined), we had a 2 BBQ turkey legs, ginormous hot dog, deep fried zucchini, curly fries, funnel cake, and snow cones. Needless to say I had heartburn and and a stomach ache. It was all worth it though!

Austin and Ryan enjoying their lunch
Bowen and the large turkey leg
Mason wanted a bite
On to the funnel cake! It was topped with strawberries and whipped cream. Deeelicious!
The Guys

Where's the baby?

What a great day it was! I think going to the fair is going to be a Summer family tradition.

1 comments:

Osburn said...

I love my sham wow!!! The fair looks fun!

Mason just waking up for the day