Friday, June 18, 2010

Sea Trials

This is the ship that Bowen has been working on, The USNS Charles Drew. He had to head out for Sea Trials for the second time this week. The first time they ran into some problems and had to come back in for repairs. Today they headed back out to sea until tomorrow afternoon *hopefully not longer*. My friend Amanda (a fellow NASSCO wife) and her kids met us on Harbor Island so that we could wave goodbye to our husbands and the kids their daddys.
Mason and Avery

I was able to see Bowen (barely) and he us, but try getting a rambunctious 2 year old to "look reeeeally hard" ya, Mase just knew that was daddys BIG BOAT and he was completely content with that  :)

Watching him sail out today made me so grateful that he doesn't have a sailing job. It's hard enough having him gone for one night. I know I couldn't do it for weeks/months at a time.

0 comments:

Mason just waking up for the day