Monday, July 12, 2010

Mason's latelys...

First of all I'm sooooo excited that the sun has FINALLY decided to come out and play! Not that I've been wanting the heat, but it's definitely nice not to have the dreaded June Gloom hanging over our heads. I've been trying to remember all the new things that Mason has been doing or saying lately. It seems like as soon as he turned 2 he changed from my baby boy to my little boy. I can't believe how fast he's growing! Two years has completely flown by. *He can count to 11 pretty much by himself. Sometimes it goes 1,2,3,4,8,9,10,11 & then we try it again together. *He looooves ketchup aka dippy, on most anything that is meat or potatoes *Twinkle Twinkle, ABC's, and the Sing, Sing song from the primary book are his favorite songs. Although lately he's starting singing songs off the radio. Alejandro by Lady Ga Ga (Alejandro, Alejandro, AleAlejandro, AleAlejandro) and Airplanes by B.o.B feat Hayley Williams (wish right now, wish right now) are his two favorites. He'll usually sing them for you if you ask. *He's still obsessed with any sport that involves a ball. His absolute two favorites right now are: 1. Baseball. He has a mitt, ball, and bat that he has to take everywhere. 2. Golf. He started playing with Bowens golf clubs that were a bit too big for him so we bought him a little "Mason size" club. He loves it! *Since it's summertime now I've started buying Otter Pops. He calls them POPFICLES!!!They were a hit from day one! Both he and i usually enjoy 1 or 2...or 3 a day :) Recently I found 100% juice ones at Costco so I've been buying them. They're a lot bigger so I end up cutting them in half and it makes them the perfect size. *Me or Bowen ask him- "Guess what?" Mase- "what?" Me or Bowen- "I love you!" Mase- "I love you too" *He and Lady have a game where he chases her around the back yard with a wiffle bat. They both think it's the funnest game in the world. Don't worry, the bat is so light that he doesn't hurt her. *His collar bones are his most ticklish spot. Next are his hips, ribs, and ham bones (thighs). *Anytime we walk on grass he says, "ewwww poop!" I guess I've trained him well. *We make smoothies at least a couple times a week and he absolutely loves them! Little does he know that I hide spinach in them...Mwa ha ha ha! *This is his bedtime routine: -Bath -Brush teeth -Pick out 2 books. Bowen & I alternate our nights doing this reading. One time I told him he looks like a little stink bug when he's kneeling down for prayers. Now after we're done reading books he calls out "Stink Bug" and the other parent has to come in to say prayers so we're all together. He always blesses Sienna, Giselle, Jackie, and Kevin. Most of the time he blesses Heidi and Gordon too. When we tell him to bless baby Kai he says "Pop the Balloon" Here's the story behind that... I take Mason to most of my OB appointments. One time the Dr. showed him that you can blow up the latex gloves to make a funny balloon. Well, after one particular visit to the Dr. we were walking out of the office when I asked him to hold my hand in the parking lot. He wouldn't. I told him that if he didn't hold my hand that I would take his balloon away. He still didn't. So I took it away. This resulted in a HUGE meltdown & in the process the balloon popped. I guess he was traumatized from that incident because now instead of saying "bless baby Kai" he says, "Pop the Balloon" -He has to have his Choo Choo blanket, doggy, and a sippy cup of water to sleep. -Now he's in his Big Boy Bed!!! Yay! I don't know where our guests are going to sleep when the come out though. There's probably so much more that I can't remember right now. I'll list them when I do. I love my little boy so stinkin much it's crazy!

1 comments:

andrea said...

You are such a sweetheart of a mom :) you both ate such cute parents. I love it! I loved reading this post and found myself smiling the entire time. :) can't wait to read these posts about Kai! Yahoo!! You should...post pictures of your ultra sound! Welllll maybe...if you wanted that is :) just a request lol love you shae!!!! Mucho-ly!!

Mason just waking up for the day