Sunday, January 25, 2009

A day well spent.

Today was a great day well spent. It all started with our routine Saturday morning house cleaning. We got laundry, dishes, vacuuming, and general cleaning all done before 11AM! (That's good for us) While Mason took his afternoon nap Bowen decided he needed an afternoon nap as well. Perfect! That left me just the right amount of time to plan out the rest of the day and get ready. Just as I was finishing what I needed to do Mason woke up. We all had some lunch then headed out to run some errands. First stop, Coronado military base. Bowen had to pick up some papers and get a haircut, so I went along for the ride. Plus I'd never been there so it was nice to see it. Mason and I just hung out and went shopping at the exchange. We finished up there, got some dinner, then washed and gassed up the car. Can I just say how much I love military bases?!? You have everything you need there!
Y'all know how Bowen has to be playing some sport on some team. Well, right now it's softball. So, for our second stop, the batting cages. It was really a lot of fun. We took turns alternating between holding Mason and batting. I discovered I've lost my softball touch :( Oh well, I have a feeling that's not the last time we'll be there.
"Getting "In the Zone"
Now for the last stop, the grocery store. The only thing I wanted to accomplish today was go grocery/food storage shopping with the bonus money I'd received from work (and get a car seat, but I did that yesterday. Check that off my never ending list of things to do). Man oh man did we shop! TWO BIG grocery carts full! I have to admit it was a little overwhelming trying to steer a cart and have Mason grabbing everything within reach. Oh well, we survived :)
We got home, had some dinner (thank you Arbys...so much for working out this week), put the baby to bed, then started organizing...and organizing...and organizing.

This is just a little less than half of it.

After about 2 hours of trying to figure out how to fit all that we'd bought into our allotted "food storage" space, we finally got it to work! Woohoo!

Yes, our food storage is in our closet. Ha ha!
Not only did we do that, but I updated our 72 hour kits with new food, water, and baby supplies. Woohoo! I'm just sooo excited and grateful that we were able to do this. We are so blessed and thank our Heavenly Father every day for all that he gives us. Now Bowen is passed out on the couch with the TV blaring the Miss America Pageant on. Oh how nice. I don't know if I have allergies or what, but my head is plugged up and I'm ready for bed! Oh what a day!

0 comments:

Mason just waking up for the day