Friday, January 9, 2009

I know I'm late, but here is Thanksgiving

Well, well, well, it's been QUITE a while since I've put anything on our little blog. The holidays were a whirlwind of events. We traveled across America to the greatness of Montgomery Alabama. Bowens sisters and their families, along with us, all stayed at Popsy's house the week of Thanksgiving. We had a great time enjoying one anothers company and shopping to our hearts content. I think Mason was really excited to meet his grandpa for the first time as well. We actually celebrated Thanksgiving Day in the mountains with ALL (I mean EVERYONE..cousins, 2nd cousins, and cousins of cousins) the family. It's going to be a while before I get everyones name :) What a treat! The food was delicious! Nothing like good ol' Southern cooking! While we were driving back from the glorious dinner, Bowen and I decided that we would extend our trip one more day so that we could make it to Grandpa Jones Birthday party in Bradenton. We changed out plane tickets and set up plans to drive back with Margie. The next day we headed out for the 8 hour drive. We had so much fun in Alabama! I hope we can make it back there very soon! Friday night we rolled into Bradenton. "Surprise"!!! Mom and Coach were very surprised to see us there! We visited for a minute then headed to bed. The next day was Grandpa's party. He and Grandma didn't know we were comining either, so they were surprised to see us as well. Everything went just great! The food was good, decorations were beautiful, pictures were professional, and everyone was in good spirits. It was so good to see everyone! I wish we were all closer though. I guess they all just need to move to San Diego so we don't have to travel so much...lol...wishful thinking. Sadly, early the next day we said our goodbye's and headed home. It was kind of a long flight, but luckily Mason was a gem. He did sooo good on the flight. It was a great vacation! Much needed indeed! We already miss everyone so much! Now, I do have pictures from this big trip but i've seemed to misplace them. As soon as I find them I'll post.

0 comments:

Mason just waking up for the day