Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Melt my heart

I had to write about this as soon as it happened. Mason was sitting on my lap enjoying a blueberry breakfast bar. He was jabbering away as usual trying to have a conversation with me even though I had no clue what he was talking about. I would just respond with "really?" or "oh that's neat!" just to keep him going. As I was admiring my cute little boy I said, "I love you Mason" (like I do every day) when he promptly turned to me and planted a big, wet, blueberry kiss on my face. My heart melted and tears fell down my cheeks. He knows the love his mommy has for him. It's precious moments like that, that keep you going. It lets you know that if nothing else, he knows he is loved and that's all that matters.

5 comments:

Chantel White said...

That is is so adorable Shay! Good for you for writing it down right away. It is sad but true that if we don't write things down, we usually end up forgetting them. What a sweet little boy you have and what a wonderful and beautiful Mom you are!

Holly & Matt said...

That is so freaking cute Shaelyn. I can't wait to have my little boy!

andrea said...

this is sooo sweet! he for sure knows how much his mommy loves him because he is SHOWERED with all that love EVERY DAY!! :)

kkrich said...

you are a tender little nugget shay.

ps- i can't wait for holly to have her man-child either!

Gleave said...

that just makes me baby hungry! cute! cute! cute! you're a lucky momma!

Mason just waking up for the day