Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A little bit of June

The past week we were pretty busy. Ok, we're busy every week, but it seemed even longer because I've officially stopped drinking Dr. Pepper. If anyone knows me, I had to have my fix pretty much every day. Luckily my wonderful husband is stopping his caffeine addiction as well. So now we have each other to be accountable to besides ourselves. I think that makes it a whole lot easier...minus the headaches, cravings, and feeling like i want to sleep all the time. How could I let my body become soooo addicted??? It makes me upset thinking about it! Never again!!! This week is a LOT better!
Monday morning Mason and I went to the zoo with Jackie and her girls. We saw the new elephant exhibit, giant pandas, zebras, big cats...you name it! I think Mason really enjoyed it. This time he actually acknowledged the animals were there.He was telling me he wanted more Teddy Grams RIGHT NOW!
He only lasted a couple hours then it was time for a nap so we headed home. When he woke up we headed to the grocery store for our weekly shopping. Since we moved into our new home we've been trying to have a family from our ward over every Monday for dinner and Family Home Evening. So far it's been a great experience. We've gotten to know more people and developed great relationships.
The rest of the week was filled with the usual day to day stuff...church meetings...work....blah blah....
...until Friday.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MASON!!!! WOOHOO!!!! My little boy turned one. I can hardly believe it. He's growing up so fast I can hardly stand it. We're having the party next week, so he hasn't really got anything yet except for some nice cards, an Auburn Tigers Jersey and pants, and cash from his grandparents. Now what is he getting with that mula? Can you say swimming pool? Yep! Oh, and he got a dog too. Her name is Lady and she's an amazing dog.
That night we had our first Jerky's catering job. I think it was a huge success and we learned a lot! Word got around it was Mason's birthday so everyone (including the band) sang happy birthday to him. He thoroughly enjoyed it! The party was at the apartments I used to manage, so there we're quite a few people I already knew. They were excited to see them and couldn't believe how big Mason was getting.

Saturday was, of course, beach day and that evening we went to the annual OB farmers market. It was another wonderful Saturday well spent with my family!

I just love my boys, San Diego, and life!

1 comments:

andrea said...

you have a dog! Oh yay!! :) It sounds like you had a great week! except...I admire you trying to get off the dr. pepper. I loooove my diet coke. I don't usually have one everyday, i try to just have one at dinner. But it is hard to not want it!! Good luck to you and Bowen!!

Happy Birthday Mason!!!

Mason just waking up for the day