Sunday, June 21, 2009

San Diego County Fair time!!!

Last year I wanted to go to the fair soooo bad. I was about ready to pop though so I never ended up going. This year I was determined. I called my friend Jackie to see if she wanted to take her girls and the rest is history...well almost. Usually it costs $13 to get in but we went on $2 Tuesday...what a bargain! Only everyone else in the county thought it was a bargain too. It took us an HOUR to get there (it usually takes about 15 minutes regularly). Mason was starting to get upset and crying, the girls were getting restless, and traffic was NOT moving. Oh what to do? We broke out the sing alongs! Jackie and I were singing every song we could think of, doing the actions and all! Our hits ranged from the ABC's to 5 little monkeys to Twinkle Twinkle little star. Oh how fun :) Well we finally got there and found a place to park. It was packed! We saw some of the animals, got a drink, then headed to the carnival rides. The little girls went on a few but the only one Mason could go on was the Carousel. He had a blast! We were there for a couple hours and then headed home. What a day! It was sure fun though, and next time Bowen is going with us!
At the gate getting ready to go in

This is how packed it was! I guess I'm just used to small town fairs where there's no admission fee and you know everyone who's there.

A random shot of the food area

So big to be riding the horse

Jackie and the girls, I don't know how she does it. I can barely handle one!

We went on the ride twice. By the second time we were getting pretty dizzy. It was fun though!

0 comments:

Mason just waking up for the day