Tuesday, February 16, 2010

February fun!

A couple weeks ago we took our friends, the Galbasinies, to the base in Coronado to go bowling. Its super cheap and a really nice place. Before we got there, their girls fell asleep so Jackie ended up taking them home but Kevin and a kid they were watching stayed. There was a bit of a wait, but soon enough we had our lane and got our game going. All Mason wanted to do is hold the ball. It was so heavy he couldn't even pick it up. He was getting so frustrated. I remembered we had a plastic ball out in the car so Bowen got that. It kept Mase pretty busy for the rest of the time :) Erick and Gibby showed up for the second game. We had so much fun and decided we needed to do go again soon.

Mase "helping" daddy bowl
Kevin and Bowen
I've mentioned before that church basketball season has started. If you've seen the movie Church Ball, then you know what this is all about. Ha ha! The guys are pretty competitive and it is usually pretty fun to watch. The last game Bowen scored two 3 pointers at the very end which helped win the game. Of course all Mase wants to do is "shoot ball". There's usually a few other kids there so they keep him pretty occupied most of the time. They've got a really good team, so I hope they win it all this year!
Bowen giving one of his pep talks
Mason has hit the age where he loooooves the park. We usually do park day on Friday mornings and meet other mommies and kids there. Bowen calls us "The real housewives of Pacific Beach" because we're all stay at home moms and just "do things at our leisure." Ha! If our husbands only knew what it takes to be a stay at home mom...lol! Anyway, the weather has been so nice lately that we'll spend 2 or 3 hours just soaking up the sun. Recently Mase has gotten brave enough to go down the big slide without any help from me. I can't believe how big he is! I know I say that all the time, but really. I love this age he's at and wish it would stay forever.
I watch kids on Tuesday mornings. This is a typical day... notice the primary songs trying to keep the peace? No, they didn't work. Ha ha!

2 comments:

Osburn said...

I try to tell Chase that being a stay at home mom isnt all its cracked up to be, but he doesnt get it. I figure if I carry a baby in me for nine months, throw up for 5 of those months, and then cant be sexy the last 4 months I deserve to go to the park and the pool and to lunch with mt friends after my "chores" are done!

andrea said...

i love all the pictures! you lil photographer you! :)

Mason just waking up for the day