Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

What a great weekend we've had! Saturday I had to work for a couple of hours but as soon as I was done we (Me, Bowen, Mase, & AJ) headed to Liberty Station in Point Loma for the Easter Eggstravaganza.

I guess Mase was kind of having an "off" day because he was pretty grumpy the entire time. As you can see he was thrilled to be in his stroller.We arrived just in time for the egg hunt. Being the pregnant momma that's slowly loosing her brain, I forgot his little easter basket. So he ended up using a 7 11 bag. Awesome!

All the kids patiently waiting for the announcer to say GO!!!

...he finally did, and the eggs were gone in about 30 seconds. Mase was pretty intimidated with the huge crowd. He took about 3 steps and burst into tears. Poor kid! I helped him get a couple of eggs, but he was over it and just wanted to be held.

There was the LONGEST line to see the Easter Bunny. I didn't want to have a repeat Santa experience (a screaming, crying, terrified little boy) so I made sure he wanted to see the bunny before we waited. Mase seemed ok with it but when it was his turn to sit on the Easter Bunny's lap, he was a bit wary. He was okay with me sitting with him and we were able to at least get a picture.

By the end of all the festivities we were all ready to go and Mase even fell asleep on the way home.

EASTER MORNING!!!

We all woke up pretty early to get ready to head over to our friends, the Galbasinis, for breakfast and to watch General Conference. The boys were pleasantly surprised to find little Easter baskets had been laid out for them. Mason wasn't quite fully awake yet and he had extreme bed hair but he was thrilled to see all of his new treasures. Masons favorite thing in his basket was the ball shaped easter eggs. He loves them!

Bowen with his new shirt and goodies

That silly rabbit even found AJ!

We came home and just took it easy for the afternoon. The boys slept and I got dinner ready. We were all outside enjoying our Easter dinner on this sunny Sabbath, telling one other of Easter traditions, when the table started shaking. I thought it was Bowen or AJ at first, but we all looked at each other and realized that it was an earthquake!!! It got to the point where we decided to get up and get out of harms way in case it got any stronger. I could see the power poles and palm trees swaying back and forth. I've never experienced an earthquake and well...it's a little unnerving. The extent of the damage?...only a few pictures fell down. I felt little rumbles for a few minutes after, but it seems everything is okay! Lets's just say I'll never forget this Easter!

0 comments:

Mason just waking up for the day