Sunday, April 25, 2010

Surprise trip to Bama Stefs and Pa Pa Kurts

About a month ago I decided it was time to take a trip out to Utah. I hadn't been there since last summer and I guess I was feeling a bit homesick. I wanted to leave right away, but my schedule wouldn't allow it. It's funny how busy a stay at home mom can be :) Anyway, I booked my flight and only told Dad about it. I wanted it to be a surprise for everyone, but mostly Mom. It broke my heart every time I would talk to her and she would tear up telling me how much she missed her grandson. So I made him lie and tell her he had meetings in Fillmore all day when really he drove up to Salt Lake to come and get us.

Dad was waiting at the baggage claim when we arrived. Yay!!! Mason was a bit apprehensive of Grandpa Kurt at first, but Dad soon won him over. I think Mase still gets nervous with Dads facial hair. Ha Ha! We picked up the luggage and got right back on the road headed to Delta.

When we drove in to town Chellese was just getting out of school so we went and picked her up. I didn't see her coming as she flew up to my door. Let's just say she was overly excited to see her big sister and nephew...and we were just as excited to see her!

We finally reached the house (after what seemed like an eternity of traveling) and quietly went inside. We found mom resting on the couch in the computer room. Dad started telling her how his "meetings" went that day when she looked over and saw Mase and I in the room. "AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! OH MY GOSH! ARE YOU REALLY HERE??? AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!", she screamed. I think she was pretty happy to see us too! When she wiped away a few happy tears she looked at Mason and asked, "Is Grandma a little crazy?" "Ya", replied Mase. Lol! It was a great surprise! We enjoyed the rest of the day just visiting and hanging out. We were all out back watching the kids play and get out their wiggles when C.J. got home. Oh that big little brother I have. Every time I'm around him I just laugh. I love that kid!

Our normalness...

Us pretending to be normal

It was just my luck that I started feeling sick a couple of days before I flew out there. The day after I arrived was pretty rough. I couldn't breath, smell, or hear and just was completely drained of energy. I think being sick, pregnant, and not used to elevation anymore just was too much for my body to take. Luckily I had some pretty great babysitters to watch the boy while I slept...like 2 naps 3 hours each. That's not normal for me, I hardly ever nap so I guess I needed it.

Mason was very entertained! Grandma Stef (or Bama Stef as Mason calls her) took him for a four wheeler ride over to the Hendersons for a visit. He also had fun playing with his cousins Gabe and Meagan who are staying at Moms house for the school year.

It was such beautiful weather! We watched the kids play in the back yard all evening, grilled some burgers, and enjoyed the sunset.

Chellese showing me her toe touches.

Sunday was a blur for me. I made it through about 1/2 of sacrament meeting and I had to go home and rest. When I woke up everyone was home and just sitting down for Sunday dinner. Mmmm...turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, and green beans.

Mom took of Monday from work. She called in with "Masonitits" and needed a sick day. Ha ha! The school secretary needed an explanation for that one so mom explained and she fully understood! *Wink, wink*

Mason woke up that morning asking for pizza. What a nut! So when lunchtime came around we met Dad at the Pizza House.

This was the best out of 3 pictures. Dad kept blinking.

Grandma Stef treating her grandson to pizza. Yum!

For Family Home Evening we decided we needed to roast some hot dogs and marshmallows. All the kids were so excited! Chellese and I drove the four wheeler around the ditch finding old wood to burn while the rest of the kids helped get chairs and food ready to go.

Meagan, Mase, and Gabe helping out Aunt/Grandma/Mom get all of the supplies.

Mase and "Aunt Sheese" waiting for the fire to be just perfect before they start their hot dog roasting.

The fire was so hot even from a distance. Usually Mason does a pretty good job roasting his hotdog but he need a little help with that one. Thanks for taking my picture mom. I forget how beautiful I look when I'm pregnant until I see a picture of myself. Ewww...

Mason probably ate 6 or 7 marshmallows. No kidding!

The best thing after playing in dirt and sticky marshmallows...a BATH!!!

It was pretty late and the younger kids had gone to bed, except Mason. He was having so much fun with his Pa Pa Kurt. I was laughing so hard watching them play.

The last day we were there Dad and Mom both had to work, so Mason and I played at the park for a couple hours that morning and went to Chelleses D.A.R.E graduation at the middle school that afternoon. I excused her to come home with me and I took her to get a shake at Delta Freeze. It was nice to visit with my little sister one on one. I dropped her off at dance class and headed over to the school to see if Mom was done working. Luckily she was but she had to show off her grandson to the ladies in the office first.

Later, mom took us to go see How to Train Your Dragon at the movie theater. It was such a cute movie. Mason sat on his Grandmas lap watched the whole movie.

Mase and I waiting for the movie to start

When we got home I put Mason right down for bed. He was so tired! C.J. and I stayed up watching Youtube videos and laughing. He seriously is such a funny kid! It was a good day!

It was such a fast trip but soooo needed. Mom and Chellese took us up to the airport Wednesday morning. We said our goodbyes and hopped on the plane. Mason did very well on the plane rides but the moment we got to San Diego he started screaming. Bowen said he heard him all the way from our terminal. Mason screamed the whole time waiting for the luggage, walking out to the car, and for about 5 minutes in the car. Why? I have no idea. Pretty sure he was just exhausted though. He woke up right as we got home and started screaming again. I put his pajamas on and stuck him in bed. Needless to say he slept very well that night and didn't wake up until 10:3o the next day.

I was so happy to see my Bowen! Even though I had so much fun with my family, it was such a comfort coming home to the man I love!

2 comments:

Chantel White said...

What a fun surprise for your family!! That is awesome how you pulled it off. I feel really bad that I didn't get to see you while you were out here! :( Guess we will have to get together next time....whenever that is!

Hope your feeling better now. It is never fun to be sick especially when your on vacation. I totally love the video of your Dad playing with Mason. So cute and I love his little laugh!

**This is Chantel by the way, not Deb! ;)

andrea said...

What a fun little Delta trip!! :) I love the Papa Kurt and Mase video! Suuuuper cute!

And for the record....you are a very beautiful prego lady. :)

I love you!!

Mason just waking up for the day