Thursday, August 27, 2009

More busy August

I wasn't planning on visiting family in Utah for a while since I'd gone not too long ago. But, two of my best friends from school were getting married so it was the perfect excuse to head out there! Shayla Johnson Tuttle and Staci Barney Wright were married one week apart. They looked so beautiful! I'm so happy for them and wish them the best in their marriages.
Ashlyn, Shayla,Staci,me, and Mason walking into the picture
Staci and her new hubby, David, and their first dance.Yep, that pretty much sums up my friends :)
During this time it was also the Dwayne Bayles Family Reunion. It was held in Oak City this year. The first night we celebrated my Grandpas 70th birthday. Grandma had asked me to write a tribute about him to read there and so I did. All the other grand kids put together a little something too. They each colored a picture about one of his "stories" in his life. When they gave the picture to him, he had to tell the story to us. It was so much fun! The next day we all headed out just past the Nevada border to Lehman's Cave. The drive out there was so much fun! My brothers are hilarious and I always get an ab workout after I've visited because I've laughed so much! Anyway, we got to the cave, stopped at the visitors center for a bit, then soon headed in.
Mason kept on wandering farther...
...and farther away
Shaun, C.J. Mom, and Chellese waiting to go in the cave
Grandpa Kurt keeping Mason entertained
Grandma Stefs turn
Jerolynn and Jarom
Mason and Damon at the visitors center.
Damon loooved Mason and played with him so much! One time when I was changing Mase's diaper Damon said, (in more of a statement than a question) "Mason is a boy"!?! "Yep, he sure is", I said. "Oohhh" said Damon. And they continued playing
Just as we stopped in the first room of the cave Mason started screaming...not his normal thing to do...and I couldn't get him to stop. Just as I was about to leave with him, my dad took him out so I could continue to go through the cave. Thanks Dad! Afterwards we had a picnic lunch then headed back to our camping site.
Jerolynn, Jeff, Logan, Mom, Dad, Chellese, Shaun
Parker, Heather, Grandma Jill, Shaun, Jarom, Karalee, Calee, and Jeff
The reunion was so much fun! It was great to see the whole family!
Saturday morning we packed up early because mom had to get ready for Akelas Council the next week and she needed the trailer. So, it seemed, as soon as we got down the mountain she was off. What a busy woman she is!
Well, Mason and I had plenty of things to do, places to go, and people to visit. We made a trip to Salt Lake to take Chellese school shopping and visit my friend Emilee. It was so good to see her and catch up on everything that's been going on in her life.
Another night I was able to visit with Delaini. We went out to dinner then headed over to the cemetery where our friend, Danielle, had been laid to rest. She had passed away almost 2 years ago from a boating accident, so it was good to reminisce and talk about what a beautiful person she was. *Miss you Dani*
One of the days mom was gone, Mason and I went up and visited her. She was so proud to show off her grandson to all her friends ;D It was a quick visit, but much needed for her.
Leslie (Pretty Oflie...inside joke) and her little family were down visiting her parents, so we spent some time together too. They're expecting another little boy soon and I can't wait to see him! While she was down she even made time to do my hair! Woop woop! We went out to the Rez one night, and had to go get some Maui Wowie slushies with ice cream. Mmmmm.... fun fun!

When you go to Grandpas it's a given that he'll take you on a four wheeler ride. Mason was not disappointed!

One of C.J's best friends and Shaun's friend too,Ty Young, passed away from a tractor accident. It was so hard to see my little brothers go through loosing such a great friend. They were asked to be Pall Bearers which was such an honor for them. Hopefully they have some comfort knowing they'll be able to see Ty again.

On one of the Fridays I was there it was the Annual Red and White football fundraiser game for the Delta Football team. It's really just a scrimmage between the Varsity and J.V. teams, but it's fun to go watch and have a hamburger while you're there. After the game, the coaches introduce all the seniors on the team. I can't believe my baby brother is a SENIOR! That makes me feel so old!

It just so happened that Chasey and Lyndsay were blessing their adorable little girl, Rylee, the last Sunday I was there. Back up to Payson I drove. Shaun and C.J. decided to come with Mason and I last minute so they could keep us company (and probably so they didn't have to sit through all of church) so as you can imagine it was another fun ride for me! Aunt Jenny, Lauren, and Hailey were also visiting them from Florida, so it was a treat to see them too! I'm sure they had a great time getting to know little Jean Bug! It was so good to see Chase and Lynds! I wish we lived closer so we could visit more often!

That Tuesday it was time to head home to San Diego!!! I missed my husband so much and couldn't wait to get home! I know Mason missed his daddy too! Two weeks is a long time to be away from home! Mom, Chellese, and Shaun took us to the airport. We said our goodbyes then hopped on the plane. What a fun visit it was!

2 comments:

andrea said...

Woah!! you were a busy busy woman while here in utah! my lanta!! It looks like you had so much fun. :)

andrea said...

p.s. I like your new blog picture! I wonder who took it.... ;)

Mason just waking up for the day