Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring is in the air...okay more like Summer!
The weather has been so nice lately. I love that I don't have to slip on my Uggs every morning to avoid the bite of the cool night on my toes! Just last week was our first official beach day of the year. It was delightful to spend the day on the sand, soaking up the sun, and watch the kids play. I think that little bit of color on my face improved my mood 100%. After living here I know I couldn't move anywhere where it rains all the time. Both of my boys have thoroughly enjoyed the sun as well. All Mase wants to do is go outside, every day, all day. That's fine by me! Bowen went surfing last Saturday with the Young Men from the ward. I know he's excited to start Beach Day! It's full of surfing, sandcastles, boogie boarding, suntanning, and visiting with all of our friends. We set up camp in the morning and don't leave until the sun is setting. Have I ever mentioned that I love living here?!? Ha ha! I do!
Here are some pictures of what's been going on lately.
This is Masons favorite place to go by himself and eat his lunch, or snack. He acts like such an old man sometimes. I know he's had enough when all he asks for is a snack and to go outside. I call this "Mason's Spot."
The Easter Bunny was supposed to bring this to him but the smart little man saw the box, exclaimed, "Basket ball!!!!!", and wouldn't let it go. So, I'm thinking that I'll just put a bow on it Easter morning and have his little basket of goodies by it. He loves basketball (well really any ball) so much. If he's inside, he's shooting the ball. In Mason language he calls it, "shoot ball."
Our good friends daughter had a birthday party last Saturday. My oh my was it filled with fun activities! Mason had so much fun just running around, riding his bike, squirting the girls with squirt guns, playing ring toss, and eating cake. We were only there for about 4 hours but Mase was so worn out he slept for about 3 hours when he got home. Yesss!!!
I love Spring and Summer. It's a happy, memory filled time. I want to make this a fun time for Mason before he grows up and doesn't want to hang out with his mommy and daddy anymore. I know that's a ways away, but I hear it goes by fast.

1 comments:

Heather jeffs said...

You are a good writer ...LOVE your blog !! !Adorable boy ....I bet him and Dylan would get along great !!

Mason just waking up for the day