Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunburns and minivans

I know I've mentioned how much I love living here, and today was no exception! Bowen woke up early to go wake boarding with some guys from our ward. I made lunches and got ready for the beach so we could leave as soon as he got back. AJ (Bowens cousin) is in town for a while on his ship so we swung by and picked him and his friend up on our way. We spent most of the day at the beach and actually had quite a few people drop by and hang out at our "camp." It was a little breezy out but the sun was hot! Bowen and I now look like lobsters. I guess I was so busy trying to keep Mase from getting sunburned I forgot about us. Oh well, I need some color anyway. I love our Summer Saturday Beach Days. Anybody and everybody is always invited!

Here's the old Jimmy all loaded up for the beach!
Colten and AJ slowly becoming addicted to San Diego and its greatness :)
Poor Bowen, he's had such a hard day of wake boarding and surfing. He needed a good nap!
Can you guess what this is......?????
...It's Mason! We had only been there a couple hours, but he was exhausted! Luckily Heidi was there to work her baby magic and put him to sleep. What cute little sand baby I have!
I guess the water and wind were a perfect combination for kite surfers today because there were sooooo many! I've never seen this many at the beach before. They fun to watch but I got tired just watching them! What a workout.
After a good 5 hours at the beach we packed up and headed back home to get cleaned up and head out for the evening. The boys headed out for the night and we headed once again to Carmax to see if our van was ready to be picked up.
Yes, that's right, I said van. I know, I can't believe it either! I always said I would never get a van and now that's what I'd rather have over any vehicle right now. It took a little while to convince Bowen that a van would be so much more efficient than a big SUV but after he borrowed a friends Yukon and filled up the gas tank he was in complete agreeance with me.
Our last ride in the beloved BMW. I think I saw a little tear in Bowen eye as he handed over the keys to the salesman. Don't worry, I was sad too. It was a great (fast...luckily no speeding tickets) year and a half!
So now we are the proud owners of a 2007 Honda Odyssey! Yay!
Can you just see the excitement on Bowens sunburned face?!?

Mason was sure excited to have all that room back there!

We decided we needed to celebrate this new exciting chapter in our lives so I took Bowen to his favorite restaurant, Wings N' Things. We were all stuffed by the end but it was sure delicious! It was such fun day. Sometimes I feel like we're on vacation living here. I never want it to end!

1 comments:

Shayla Finlinson said...

cant believe you got a van... how awesome.. it looks so nice.. that is quite the switch from a BMW to that... looks like so much space though...

Mason just waking up for the day