Friday, March 26, 2010

Good news and fun times

What busy/fun/exciting couple of days we've had we've had. I had a Dr's appointment yesterday morning. This one I'd been looking forward to all week because we were able to find out the gender of our baby. I'd woke up at 4AM and couldn't go back to sleep because I was so excited. Luckily the apt was at 9:00 so I didn't have to wait long. Heidi watched Mason and Bowen met me at the hospital. We quickly learned (and it was quite definite) that we're having another BOY!!! I'm so excited! Mason gets a little brother, Bowen is that much closer to having his own personal football team, and I don't have to change the decor of Masons room. Mostly we just excited to have another little person join our family. As soon as we got out of the office we were on our phones calling and texting everyone the good news. We had already decided on a name for our first two boys before we were even married. I had always wanted a Mason and Bowen had always wanted a Malachi (like in the bible). So, that's his name! I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone by already. I'll be 20 weeks tomorrow and it seems like just yesterday I found out we were expecting. I think working and chasing a toddler around keeps my mind and body so occupied that each weeks just flies by. We'll see how fast the weeks go by when I get closer to my due date which is August 14...ish.

I had another appointment this morning and Mason came along. He always gets worried when the nurse takes my blood pressure. I tell him that it's just giving my arm a big hug and that calms him down a bit. My midwife said everything looks good from the ultrasound pictures so that's always comforting to hear. Mason sat on my chest while we listened to the baby's heart beat. I tried to explain to him that there was his little brother in mommy's tummy. I think he's still a little to young to get it, but hey, it's worth a shot. He just is obsessed that my belly is poking out. If he sees my belly button he runs up, pushes on it, and says, "Ding dong." What nut!

By the time we got out of there and home it was past Masons nap time and he was delirious. He slept for a couple hours while I got some housework done. When he woke up we headed to the zoo for the afternoon. I met a few girlfriends and their kids there. Most all of our husbands work together so they met us there too. It was nice just to walk around and visit with everyone. The kids wore themselves out, of course, and by the time it was time to go, they were ready!
Mason could've just watched the flamingos all day!
There is a new extension of the polar bear exhibit that includes a helicopter you can go sit in. Mase was so excited! He kept saying, "heltopter, heltopter!!!" There is also "polar bear caves" that you can crawl through but he wanted nothing to do with them.
On to Elephant Odyssey. If you ask Mason what an elephant says he will say, "Moooooo."
We're working on that one.
Now the Lion was pretty awesome! He kept roaring so loud! I can definitely see why he's called the king of the jungle. Mason knows what a lion says but I think he was taken back at how loud it actually is!
What a fun afternoon! We had to rush home so I could go to a baby shower. The boys spent their evening watching basketball and eating Chinese take out. Can you think of a better top to the night? Ha Ha!
Now Mase is in bed, Bowen is passed out on the couch (snuggling with the dog), and here I am writing down my good news and memories. What a day! Tomorrow we're spending the entire day at the beach. I'm going to soak up some sun, build sandcastles with my baby, eat some sweet peanut butter and honey sandwiches, and watch my wonderful husband catch some waves.

1 comments:

Chantel White said...

Congratulations on the exciting news of another boy! That is cool that you already have the name picked out. Mason and Malachi seem to go really well together! :)

It looks like you had tons of fun at the zoo and also the beach....... Can you say JEALOUS! Lol

Mason just waking up for the day