Saturday, November 7, 2009

Old Town San Diego

This week I made plans for our little family to go to Seaworld. Since Bowen is in the military we're able to get in free once a year. We hadn't used the pass yet so I wanted to go before it expired. We got all packed up and headed to the park. We parked the car and were about to walk through the gates when we decided to turn around and come back in December for the Christmas celebration. So, instead we headed up to Old Town. It'd been a whil since I'd been and Bowen had never been there so it was a perfect opportunity. We had wanted to go see the Mormon Batallion, but it was closed for renovations until next year. So we just stuck to the state park part of it. It just so happened that there was some sort of Irish festival going on. There was a band playing celtic music and even Irish dancers. It was just fun to sit and listen to the music. Well...I don't know how much sitting I did with Mason running around, but it was fun to chase him and get a couple of pictures. On our way back to the car we stopped on Coyote Cafe to get some homemade, fresh, hot tortillas. Add some melted butter and sugar and it's a treat! Mmmm...even Mason liked it and lately he doesn't like anything! Since we'd saved the money I had budgeted for Seaworld I offered to buy Wings for dinner for my Bowen. He graciously accepted! We made it home in time to watch the end of a couple of football games. Don't worry though, there was another one right after they finished :) Ha ha!

0 comments:

Mason just waking up for the day