Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Back to Utah for Shaun's farwell

The weekend of the 12th we headed back to Utah for a very special occasion. My little brother, Shaun, was going on a mission. He is headed to the Mcallen Texas Mission. The talk he gave in church was amazing and even brought me to tears. I'm so proud of my little brother and the decision he's made. What a blessing it will be in his life and the lives of so many others. I've made it a goal to write him at least once a week. Thanks to DearElder.com it makes it super easy to do so (as if it wasn't before...thanks technology). Anyway, tons of family and friends came and it was so good to see everyone! It's always nice to get together with the ones you love and just talk. Shaun reported to the Provo MTC on September 16. Mom said she was bawling and that Dad even shed a tear or two. I think it was then that it really set in he was going to be gone for two whole years! Whoa! Good luck Hobey Chop!!!
Me and my handsome little missionary brother
Ummm.....right
My handsome Bowen
I love my Grandpa Dwayne so much. He is one awesome guy!
Mom, Andi, and Grandma Margaret
Our visit was very relaxing...so needed! We got in super late Thursday night. Everyone was gone for school and work by the time we woke up the next day. My dad came home a little early from work and took Bowen golfing. Thanks dad! You're a gem! That afternoon we headed to South Summit for C.J's football game. I absolutely love going to highschool football games. Not really to watch football, but I guess because of the spirit of it!
It's awesome. C.J. even got a couple of good blocks in. #59 Even though Delta lost it was fun to go. Next time boys!!!
On our way home we stopped at Burger Keen...a fun little burger restaurant in Heber. The food was good, but the best part was all the toy trains they had in there. Mason looooved watching them go around the top of the wall. Each time it would come by he would point and say, "tchain". What a smart little stinker!
Saturday was spent getting ready for the farewell on Sunday. Bowen was able to get a lot of studying in. *Side note* He took a practice test this last Saturday and did pretty good. The test is this Saturday the 26th, cross your fingers and say a little prayer please!!!* That afternoon Bowen, Mason and I went to the City park and played in the creek.
It was so hot so it was nice to put our feet in and cool off a bit.
After, we had to get a shake from Leos. We drove around Delta and I pointed out where all my friends grew up, and the fun memories that were made there. That evening my mom and I went to see Julie & Julia at the movie theater. It was hilarious!!! We laughed the entire time. It's something that I would definitely watch again! What a fun little girls night. Sunday went as I mentioned above. I was still up reading the Sunday Funnies in the paper after almost everyone else had gone to bed that night. Shaun had just gotten home and Jayden (Uncle Lee's grandson) had come upstairs to see what was going on. We just sat around the kitchen table for hours and laughed. Around 2am I decided it was time to go to bed. Early the next morning we packed the car and headed back to the airport. We had a layover in Vegas so Grandma Myrna flew with us to go home. Mason did pretty good. He slept the first half and watched a movie the second. He can hardly watch a movie for 10 minutes at home, but this had his attention the whole hour. Finally we made it. I love living in San Diego!

0 comments:

Mason just waking up for the day