Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day weekend 09'

What a fun weekend! Our day started with calling a tow truck to come and take the Jimmy to the shop. I had replaced the starter, but it still wouldn't start. Sooo we're now waiting for a diagnosis. After that, we put the boards on the car and got it all loaded for the beach, aaaand... it wouldn't start. After some serious prayers and a little luck it did start and we were off. We met up with our good friends, The Galbasinies and the Riches. We had fun surfing and soaking up the sun. The kids had fun playing in the water and eating the sand. I wish I would've taken more pictures but I kind of forgot to. Oh well.

If I get Mase a bucket of water and spread his sand toys out, it'll keep him occupied for quite a while. He's such a busybody!
By midday the babies were exhausted!
I love my precious little boy... ...and my precious big boy!
Tourmaline sunset

That evening we got into the car to head to the Riches for dinner. Aaaand the car wouldn't start. Oh, but that wasn't going to get us down. Dave came and rescued us with a jump and we were off! Kari made an amazing dinner and super yummy frozen yogurt. Thanks KK! As you can imagine, the football game was on. Can I get a BYU!?! That game was amazing. When Dave and Bowen would yell at the TV, Mason would run in the room and just scream back. He didn't know why everyone was yelling but wanted to get involved! After a victorious win this is what Bowen said, "You know the church is true when they [the players] play a game like that." Ha ha! He's so funny! After a fun filled evening we headed home with no car trouble at all.

Then came Sunday.

In our car once more, all ready for church, aaand it wont start. Luckily our sweet neighbor was just pulling up and he gave us a jump.

Fast forward three hours...aaaand our car won't start. Another jump to get us going. On our way this was our conversation. Me, "Honey, can we pleeease just go to Autozone and get a new battery?" Bowen, "Ya, let's go right now!"

I really don't like shopping on Sunday, but this was a must! Too much money later we were all set with a new battery and a smooth starting car.

That evening we had a new couple in our ward, Pete and Maren Leavitt, come over for dinner. They were so sweet and nice. It was good to get to know them a little better. Hopefully they stay in our ward for a while. After they headed home Bowen, Mason, and I topped off the evening with a Redbox movie rental. yesssssss!

This morning we woke up and cleaned the house. One of the many things I love about Bowen is that he's a very clean, organized, everything has it's place kind of guy. Thanks babe! He needed to study for the LSAT so Mason and and I went shopping...well browsing. After a couple hours I picked up Bowen and we headed to a BBQ hosted by some other friends from the ward. We were able to visit for a while, but needed to get back a do a bit of yard work. Well, that didn't happen. We detoured over to SDU and drove around the campus and ended up at the Law building. We walked around, let Mase chase the pigeons, and picked up some information about applying, requirements, loans, all that really important stuff that you don't really want to do but you have to. It's a beautiful campus and I really, really hope Bowen is able to get in there for Law School. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

We topped off the night with a trip back to the beach for a bit of surfing followed by dinner at Hooters. Military Monday with a 20% discount. Mmmm....wings.

I love Labor Day weekend!

2 comments:

Chantel White said...

Wow, sounds like a busy, yet very fun weekend! I just happened to be so lucky to watch the BYU game with my hubby and father-in-law and it sounds a lot like your version: lots of screaming and shouting. I do have to admit though that it was pretty fun to watch. My hubby has never been so happy in his life. I have to wonder sometimes whether he loves football more than me. Lol. Anyway, the picture of the sunset is just gorgeous. I am pretty jealous that you get to spend so much time at the beach! So glad to see your having all kinds of fun!

Amanda and Tom said...

Hey Shaelyn! I was trying to remember your name from French class in middle school but I can't remember! Darn old age. ha ha! I'm glad you found my blog so we can somewhat keep in contact! YOu look so great and your little boy is so dang cute! Thats awesome you live in Cali! Glad life is treating you good

Mason just waking up for the day