Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Randomness...

#1

About month or two ago Mason and I went to Utah to visit family. Sadly, we left Bowen here. He'd asked me what he was going to do with himself while we were gone. So I left a big long list of "honey-do's" so that he wouldn't get bored. One included staining the fence. Well, he sure did. The first go around he stained it the same color it was, but he didn't like it. So he went and bought redwood stain and painted most of the fence that color. I talked to him after he'd done that and he said he didn't really like it but oh well. (This was on a Saturday night. I had told him just to leave it and we'll deal with it when I get back) The next morning I called him before church. I asked him how his day was going and he said, "Not to good." I asked why and he replied, "I hate the fence! It's bright red" Ohhhhh dear. I didn't know why he'd bought redwood stain, I guess he thought it was going to be a dark red wood. Anyway, he ended up painting that dumb fence one more time. This time white. Now when you walk out there in the middle of the day...lets just say you need to wear some sunglasses! It looks good, but it's just soooo bright! Anyway, here are some pictures of the great adventure.
All finished with coat #1I wouldn't let Mason come in until Bowen had washed him off. Mase wasn't to thrilled about that.

#2

Mason absolutely loves being outside. He would stay out all day if he could. He gets really cuddly right around his nap time. This is where I found him after I'd been calling for him. He was all ready for his nap...outside.

#3

Mason loooooves his daddy! He constantly mimics everything Bowen does. I usually start singing, "I’ve been watching you, dad ain’t that cool?I’m your buckaroo, I want to be like you.And eat all my food and grow as tall as you are.We like fixin’ things and holding momma’s hand Yeah, we’re just alike, hey, ain’t we dad?I want to do everything you do; so I’ve been watching you" That puts a smile on both of their faces. #4 Last Thursday Heidi, Jackie, and I threw a baby shower for our friend Holly. It was jungle themed and it turned out super cute!There was great food, great decorations, great games, and great company! I was surprised we all fit so well in our little house. It was so much fun to visit with all the girls! I think everyone had a splendid time! :)
Holly is in the middle left. What a cute mommy she is!!! The food
#5
Call 911!!!!!!
This past Sunday was just like any other. We went to church, came home, ate some lunch, had a nap, woke up to see our neighbors house on fire.....WAIT....WHAT?.... Oh dear! Call 911! Ya, our neighbors, two doors down, house caught fire. There was billowing black smoke pouring out of the top window when we first saw it. Luckily no one was home, but it was still pretty scary. Thank you San Diego Fire Department for your timely response!
This is after the firefighters had put most of it out, but you can kind of see smoke behind this blue house near the top of the one behind it. It's all put out here, but you can see the charcoaled window in the front.
Mason was fascinated with the fire trucks.

This video is probably one of my favorites. I love my baby soooo much and this just amps up his cuteness! We'd been doing this for a while, so towards the end I think his stomach was starting to hurt from laughing so much.

This video is from when we were on our way to watch C.J.'s football game. Mason has inherited some sweet moves from his parents.

1 comments:

kkrich said...

looks like lots of hard work, adventures, and giggles.

Mason just waking up for the day